To be successful, your business needs growing sales and satisfied clients. This may sound simple in theory, but how do you achieve this? The answer is a CRM system. Cases confirm that the implementation of CRM increases sales, improves customer service and reduces the number of errors and losses.
In the article, we tell in simple words what CRM is, why it is needed, what advantages and opportunities it provides. Using the examples of our clients, we show how companies use the system to solve business problems.
What is a CRM System?
A CRM system is software that automates and facilitates business processes. The abbreviation CRM itself is an abbreviation for Customer Relationship Management, which means customer relationship management.
These are the main tasks that advanced CRM systems perform:
- unite customers and data about them into a single database
- allow you to increase sales, for example, with the help of related products
- record all actions about deals, transactions, phone calls and other interactions with the client
- allow you to segment customers according to the characteristics you need in order to work with this in the future
- automate document flow and reduce the time for issuing invoices, invoices and other things
- process incoming requests, redirecting them to a specific manager
- control the timing of tasks
- allow you to analyze the workload of employees, sales volumes, the number of orders / transactions and other data
- show the person responsible for the task, who and when worked with the client / customer
- allow you to make sms and email newsletters
- track the customer’s behavior on the site, for example, what products the customer viewed or put into the shopping cart of the online store, but did not pay
Here are some other advantages that can be highlighted:
- reduced workload on employees
- a lot of routine work is automated
- the number of errors due to carelessness or inexperience of staff is reduced
- less time is spent interacting with one client
- the performance indicators of the company are growing: profit, average check, satisfaction with the level of service
- replacement of employees (due to vacation, sick leave, dismissal) takes place without prejudice to the work process
- clear and intuitive analytics tools
- the ability to download reports in the usual formats: .xls, .pdf and others
- the ability to restrict access levels for employees
- there is documentation and technical support if you have any questions about working in a CRM system
- And the more functional the system and the more precisely its orientation to the tasks and structure of the business, the more benefits it will offer its users.
The only drawbacks of CRM systems, and even then with a stretch, are staff training to work in them and payment for their use. If a small business still has an option with a free CRM, then for medium and large businesses, advanced versions of CRM systems are already needed.
CRM is useful and applied everywhere: in retail, IT companies, tourism, telecommunications, banking, government and other services. If you do not live in the forest, then your contacts are present in the CRM systems of many companies with which you interacted.