Hair loss can occur in many different forms and at many different ages depending on the person. Hair loss is not fun and can sometimes be a difficult condition to combat. There are several products out on the market today that claim to be a magic solution in terms of helping regrow your hair. However, not all products will work, and your scalp and hair may respond better to certain products over others.
In this article we are going to discuss causes of hair loss and then dig into some of the best treatment options available that you can use to help get your hair growing again. Read on below to learn more.
Causes of Hair Loss
As previously mentioned, there can be many causes of hair loss. However, here are the most common among individuals experiencing hair thinning.
– Alopecia is the most common form of hair loss among men and women. This condition can also be refer to as male and female pattern baldness.
2.) Medical Conditions
– Medical conditions can also be a common cause of hair loss. For example, if you are experiencing issues with regulation of the thyroid, your hair can fall out as a result. This can almost always be cure with the help of a doctor and proper medications.
– A poor diet can be a contributing factor to hair loss. If your hair is not getting the appropriate vitamins and minerals to grow and survive, you may experience thinning hair. Focus on foods that are high in protein to keep your hair healthy. These foods include spinach, eggs, nuts, seeds, meat and fish.
– In some circumstances, traumatic events can cause loss of hair.
– Stress can eventually lead to hair loss if not treated properly. This condition is known as Telogen Effluvium.
– Certain medications can contribute to the loss of hair. This all depends on the individual and how your body reacts to the medication. For example, individuals going through chemotherapy due to treating cancer or disease may experience loss of hair. Always consult with your doctor if you are questioning the side effects of any medications.
Hair Loss Treatment Options
1.) Laser Caps
Laser caps are a medical device design for men and women who are losing their hair. This device is FDA-cleared and clinically proven to be a safe and effective hair growth treatment for individuals ages 18 and older.
Laser caps use low level light therapy (LLLT) treatment to stimulate blood flow on the scalp. Low level light therapy is emit through medical grade laser diodes in the caps to penetrate the skin tissue. Once the blood flow is stimulate to the scalp, the hair follicles are encourage to grow through cell generation.
New hair growth is typically noticeable between 4-6 months of using the laser cap. However, results can vary depending on the person and how your body reacts to the treatment. These caps are completely hands-free and portable, making them an extremely convenient hair growth treatment.
A dermaroller for hair loss can be use on the scalp to stimulate new growth. These tools use needles to make tiny pricks in the skin on the head. As pricks are made on the scalp, the body produces blood flow to the area to help “repair” the damage done. This is known to encourage new hair growth in the areas where the dermaroller is used.
The size of the needs that are use on the dermarollers vary, and obviously the longer the needle, the more painful it will be. To start off, the recommended needle size is 1.5 mm in length.
3.) Essential Oils
Essential oils are an effective, natural way to help encourage new hair growth on the scalp. These oils contain natural properties that are use to stimulate, moisturize, and reduce oil and grime to keep the scalp as a healthy base for new hair growth.
Some of the best essential oils to stimulate hair growth are coconut, tea-tree, peppermint and rosemary. Essential oils can typically be found at a local store near you or online. Essential oils can be use directly on the scalp, mix in with your shampoo or conditioner, or can be mix with other ingredients to make a hair mask. Remember, you can always consult with your doctor about what essential oils might be best for you and the best way to use them.
4.) Onion Juice
Onion juice is widely known to be an effective hair growth treatment. This treatment option is a bit different, as you will have to prepare the juice by yourself after purchasing onions from your local grocery store.
Onions are high in sulfur, which is known to nourish the hair follicles and decrease the likelihood of breakage in the strands. They also contain anti-bacterial properties which helps keep your scalp clean of dirt and grime. A clean scalp has a better chance to produce healthy hair and increase growth in already existing strands.
Hair loss can occur in many different forms and can stem from many different scenarios. After reading this article you are now aware of the top causes of hair loss among men and women. You also now know some of the best treatment options available on the market to help combat your hair loss condition.
It is always best to catch hair loss in the earliest stages. This gives you a better chance of overcoming the condition in a shorter amount of time, with minimal damage. Always remember that hair loss does not have to be permanent if you treat it accordingly.